1 May to 15 May 2019.
My partner Jools and I embarked on a trip to Sabah in May 2019. It was a two-week wildlife tour, organised by NatureArt Lab, based in Canberra. Links to posts appear below..
There is a great profusion of wildlife in Sabah which is much less affected by logging than Sarawak and Kalimantan. There should be much to see including orangutans, sun bears, pygmy elephants, proboscis monkeys, hornbills, spectacular butterflies and remarkable vegetation such as orchids and the giant rafflesia flowers.
Using the letters from the map above (click it if you need to see more detail):
- (a) We arrive in Kota Kinabalu Airport
- (b) We spend a couple of days in and around Kota Kinabalu, the capital and largest city of Sabah
- (c) Cool rainforest in Mount Kinabalu (everywhere else we go will be hot and humid)
- (d) Different birds, insects and animals at Poring Hot Springs and staying the night in a Tea Plantation.
- (e) Sepilok Rainforest Discovery Centre, Borneo Sun Bear Conservation Centre and the Orang-utan Rehabilitation Centre
- (f) Photography from a boat on the Kinabatangan River
- (g) Tabin Wildlife Reserve
- (h) Fly out from Lahad Datu Airport.
Links to Posts:
- KL to KK (Kuala Lumpur to Kota Kinabalu)
- KK Markets (Kota Kinabalu)
- KK Fishing Boats (Kota Kinabalu)
- Egrets – I’ve had a few…
- Mount Kinabalu
- Poring Hot Springs and Sabah Tea Plantation
- Sepilok Day 1 – Giant Flying Squirrels
- Sepilok Day 2 – Sun Bears and Orang Utans
- Kinabatangan River Day 1 – Pig Tailed Macaques
- Kinabatangan River Day 2 – Proboscis Monkeys
- Tabin Day 1
- Tabin Day 2 – Clouded Leopard
- Tabin Day 3 – Last day in Sabah
- Sabah Monochromes
- Head in the Clouds (Lahad Datu to KK)
Looking forward to seeing all the posts from this trip!
LikeLiked by 1 person
It won’t be long – starting some time next week.
[…] This was the last post of our trip to Sabah. You can see links to all the other posts in the Sabah Itinerary post. […]