Jodhpur – In the old city at night

26th February 2014 (Day 18) Jodhpur, Rajasthan, India

This is the square where we dismounted from the horses and carts, with a magnificent horse and rider ambling through.

It is just after 6pm and sunset is approaching, though there wasn’t much of a sunset this night.

All of these images are taken in the next hour and around half of them after dark.

Incense shop.

Most of our party disappeared into a Fabrics shop but I remained outside, photographing on the street in the receding light.

DSCF5401-Edit .

Probably confectionary.

Preparing flowers and garlands for a festival the next day….

By this point I had stationed myself in full view on the corner of a small busy intersection, photographing people and events as they passed by.ย  I stayed there for the remaining images.

DSCF5443 .

Tuk-tuk doubles as a truck.

DSCF5467 .

DSCF5468 .

Make way for the donkeys!

DSCF5506 .

DSCF5509 .

DSCF5511 .

DSCF5513 .

DSCF5516 .

DSCF5519 .

12 comments on “Jodhpur – In the old city at night

1. Mike says:

Wonderful rich images.

2. Rajiv says:

Did you manage to drink some lassi? For the horrible heat?

• Murray Foote says:

I did have some Lassi earlier but I’m more used to the sweet kind. I was a bit taken aback to find it could come with lots of salt. The next time I knew what to ask for. It wasn’t hot, though. For the whole trip it was between 20 and 24 degrees Centigrade.

• Rajiv says:

That’s it? It’s 47.2 centigrade here in Delhi! I prefer salted lassi. And, as a proud Punjabi, I must say that we Punjabis make the best lassi ๐Ÿ™‚

• Murray Foote says:

Woooo. That’s way too hot, especially in a huge city like Delhi where the pollution is going to kick in as well. I live in Canberra where it gets up to max 42 centigrade but I come from Auckland which is very mild and moderate and doesn’t go above 30. I prefer it below 35.

Maybe salted lassi works better in the heat. I didn’t get to Punjab. Maybe another time.

3. Vicki says:

Amazing street photos. Such a rich array of colours and sights.

4. leecleland says:

A wonderful snapshot of life going on around the street and love the one of the woman on the donkey. It looks like she is talking into a mobile phone ๐Ÿ™‚

5. […] 26th:ย  Jodhpur – In the old city at night […]