Greenland 1

Days 43-45.  10th to 12th August.  No text, just images.

Musk Ox

Musk Ox

Inuit house (Dorset era)

Inuit house (Dorset era)

Bearded seal

Inuit Fox Trap (Dorset era)

Inuit Fox Trap (Dorset era)

_1385649

_1385676

(Temporary post)

7 comments on “Greenland 1

1. enmanscamera says:

Excellent Mr. Foote. You had me with the Musk Ox. However, the rest made such a great series. well done sir.

• Murray Foote says:

I wasa having battery problems with the D800 so had to use the D3s. Otherwise I would have been able to zoom right in on the musk oxen. They were a long way away.

• enmanscamera says:

Oh, you mean you’d have cropped the picture more if it was shot with the D800?

• Murray Foote says:

Yes, it was already at 600mm (300mm + TC2) but with the D800 I could have cropped right in.

• enmanscamera says:

Hey thanks for taking the time to respond to my thoughts Mr. Foote. Yours is a good image all the same.
        I thought my d800e’s battery problems (they drain pretty fast while stored) were because I bought refurbished. Maybe its the beast.

• Murray Foote says:

I worked out that my battery problems were from the battery grip. It got so the batteries might last hardly any time at all. I bought the grip in the first place because I found a Nikon table online that mistakenly told me I could use my D3s batteries in it. (I couldn’t find that table later to complain). Using D4 batteries is prohibitively expensive if you don’t have a D4 and I decided to get some third party batteries and use those instead of the Nikon D800 batteries. That I presume caused the problem which seemed to be OK without the battery grip. I must get round to systematically testing it.

2. […] to 18 August:  Along the coast of Spitsbergen then down the coast of Greenland to […]